IAY or Indira Awaas Yojana list
Indira Awaas Yojana or IAY was a social welfare scheme launched by the Indian Government with the aim of providing shelter or house to the financially backward people of the Nation. The Scheme was launched in 1985 as a part of the Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme (RLEGP). At that time homelessness was a very major problem even though it still exists but the Housing scheme helped at least some ( if not all ) people to get their house build with the help of the government. According to the last census report of 2011 nearly 17% of urban India lives in slums.
The current ruling government of India changed the name of the housing scheme from Indira Awaas Yojana to Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana. It was not just a name change of course the government added some new guidelines to make the scheme more effective and helpful to the people of the Nation. With the new guidelines and rules, the aim of the scheme remains the same which is providing a place to live to the economically backward population of the Country.
It was one of the major flagship schemes of the Ministry of Rural Development. Initially, the scheme was to build houses for the BPL population in villages. Further, this scheme was extended to non-SC/ST categories and widow or relative of defense person martyred and the paramilitary retired personnel. The official portal of Indira Awaas Yojana was iay.nic.in which was later redirected to the https://pmayg.nic.in/.
How to Check IAY list online?
As mentioned Indira Awaas Yojana is now termed as Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana So new applicants will be required to check the PMAY list. The list is uploaded online on the official portal of Ministry of Rural Development.. You don’t need to visit any government office to check your names in the list. To check the PMAY list 2020 – 2021 follow the step by step process given below.
- Visit the official portal of the Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India.
- In the options, bar search for stakeholders and click on it.
- On this page click on Beneficiary list.
- Enter the required detail ( registration number )and search for your application status.
If you don’t have the registration number then follow the process given below.
- Click on the beneficiary list page and further click on advanced search.
- fill in the required details like scheme, state, district, etc, and click on submit.
- After the detailed validation, the beneficiary list will open and you will be able to check your name in that.
Also, Learn about the Sahaj Portal and its services and functioning
Beneficiary List for Indira Awaas Yojana
The government of India has appointed specific authorities for the beneficiary selection process and there’s a whole process behind the selection of beneficiaries which is mentioned below. The govt also keeps tracking to make the process transparent and accurate The selection process involves the data of SECC 2011.
- After the first list is made from the data of Socio-Economic and Caste Census, the list is sent to the Gram sabhas for local level verifications.
- After the verification from Gram Sabha final beneficiary list is created and published on the official portal of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana.
How to Apply for IAY?
New applications for the housing scheme is done with the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana only. You can apply for the PMAY scheme from your nearby JAN SEVA KENDRA where the officials will guide you properly throughout the application process and there are fewer chances of rejections and mistakes in the application. So offline application is recommended but if due to any reasons you want to apply for the scheme online then you can follow the process given below.
To apply online follow the process given below.
- Visit the official portal of Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana from here https://pmaymis.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on citizen assessment under it click on benefit under the other 3 components as shown in the image below.
- You will be further redirected to a form page where you will have to fill in your details and attach some required documents to finally submit the form.
you can only apply and get benefitted from the IAY or PMAY scheme if you are eligible for it and if you want to check your eligibility then read the eligibility criteria given below. There are some difference in eligibility criteria of the IAY scheme and the PMAY scheme so both are given below.
Old eligibility criteria for Indira Awaas Yojana
The primary beneficiaries of this scheme was the people who fall under the BPL. Later it was extended to other beneficiaries as well which are listed below.
- Paramilitary retired personnel
- Disabled citizens
- Widow or relative of defense person martyred
- non-SC/ST categories
New eligibility criteria for the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana
|1||The applicant and his/her family members must not have a pucca house. Those who already own a pucca house are not eligible for this scheme.|
|2||The applicant or his/her family member must not be benefitted from any other housing scheme like this previously.|
|3||The family income should not be more than 6 lakhs per annum.|
|4||People who fall under LIG, MIG can also avail the benefits of this housing scheme.|
|5||Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) are also eligible for this scheme.|
Documents required for application of IAY or PMAY scheme
While applying for the housing scheme you will be required to submit or provide the documents listed below to the government.
- Identity proof ( Adhar card, voter id card, etc )
- If salaried then the salary certificate
- Income Proof & certificate
- Form 16
- Bank statement
- Construction Plan
- Financial statement in case of business
- An affidavit to show the applicant and its family member do not own any pucca house.
Not all the required documents are mentioned above so please get the required information and guidance from the officials appointed by the Indian Government before you file your application.
Important Guidelines of the Indira Awaas Yojana
Below are some of the imortant guiffelines of the IAY scheme.
- Joint ownership of the house built under the IAY scheme was to be given to husband and wife and in case of widows, divorced or unmarried beneficiary the ownership used to be provided to the women by the state government. If the beneficiary is disabled then he or she used to get the sole ownership.
- There were certain time limits to complete the construction and specifically for the stages of construction to get the next installment for the further stages.
- The Government used to provide the funds in installments depending on the stages of construction.
- The beneficiary was responsible for the construction of the house and any contractor and agency was not permitted. Although beneficiaries were allowed to get assistance from social services organizations like NGOs and other social clubs.
Benefits and Objectives of the IAY scheme
The aim of this scheme was to provide shelter to the economically weaker section of the society. This scheme was projected to cover almost 1 crore families who were living in kutcha houses. All the basic amenities were also provided such as power supply, water supply, etc. Irrespective of caste, religion.
- Providing shelter to live and basic amenities helped poor people to live with all the basic requirements of living.
- It also promoted the use of local construction material.
- According to the Guidelines, the scheme also promoted the use of eco-friendly and sustainable construction techniques.
- Indirectly it added to the employment opportunities as It also generated employment for daily wage laborers for building the houses.
Both online and offline process of checking IAY or PMAY beneficiary list is given in this article, you can read and follow the process to check the beneficiary list easily.
You can apply for the Pradhan Mantri awaas Yojana as Indira Awaas Yojana is now PMAY so the application process of PMAY both online and offline are given in this article, You can follow the simple process and apply for the scheme easily.
PM housing scheme or the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana is a social welfare scheme which was initiated in 2015 before that there was a housing scheme with the name of Indira Awaas Yojana which was started in 1985 and in 2015 it was merged into the new housing scheme from the Government of India. The aim is to provide housing to all the economically weak people of the nation by 2022.